Planning, Zoning & Appeals Board Alternate Vacancy
The City is now accepting applications for interested volunteers to serve as the Alternate Member of the Planning, Zoning and Appeals (PZA) Board to fill a term of 3 years.
- Eligibility Requirement Per Land Development Code Sec. 2-82; All members of the board must either own property in the City or be a resident of the City.
- Term Length: 3 years or the remainder of a vacated term
- Meetings: 1st Tuesday of every month at 6:00 PM
Duties of the PZA Board
- Hear and decide appeals when it is alleged there is an error in any order, requirement, decision or determination made in the enforcement of land development regulations.
- Serve as the local planning agency for the City.
- Review matters referred to it and hold meetings and public hearings for purposes of reviewing such matters and making a decision or making a recommendation to the city commission when required.
- Transmit to the proper governmental bodies or agencies its written recommendations, where such recommendations are provided for in the Land Development Code.
- Recommend to the city commission for approval, internal procedures and changes to the Land Development Code or the official future land use and zoning designations for properties within the City.
- Ensure that the applications that come before it are not approved until all requirements of the Land Development Code have been met.
- Perform any other duties lawfully assigned to it.
- Upon the absence of a regular board member, the alternate member shall be a voting member of the board
The City Commission will appoint an eligible volunteer from the submitted applications for this vacancy. The appointment will be announced at a regularly scheduled City Commission meeting.
You may obtain an application by visiting the City website at www.bunnellcity.us Human Resources>Open Positions or by contacting the City Clerk’s office at (386) 437-7500, ext. 5 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be turned in to the City Clerk Office either in person at 604 E. Moody Blvd. Unit 6 or by email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the City Commission makes an appointment.
For questions specific to the operations and meetings of this Board, please contact the Community Development Department at 386-437-7516.
Thank you for your interest and support of the City of Bunnell.