The City opened two of its parks- JB King Park and the Carver Fields- on May 4, 2020. The City is now working to ready its next park- Edward Johnson “EJ” Park- for reopening.
On May 18, 2020, the City plans to reopen EJ Park for exercise only. The park will open at 10:00 AM and close at dusk. As with the other parks, at this time, there will be no access to facilities such as bathrooms and water fountains. Other facilities such as playscapes, picnic tables, bleachers and courts will be identified as “off limits.” Those using the parks will still need to follow aggressive social distancing guidelines.
Any changes to this reopening, future reopenings and changes to the access of City facilities at parks will be noticed by the City on its website and Facebook page.
All residents and businesses are urged to continue to follow Florida Department of Health and CDC guidance, to include:
- Staying home except when engaged in essential services or activities
- Wearing cloth face coverings when out in public
- Practicing aggressive social distancing at all times – people should keep a minimum of 6 feet of space between one another, and keep groups to less than 10, which includes while shopping and waiting in the check-out line
- Frequent hand washing for at least 20 seconds, or use an alcohol-based (at least 60% alcohol) hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available
- Avoiding close contact with people who are, or may be, sick
Those who are considered a vulnerable population, sick and/or told to self-isolate are to: remain at home unless seeking medical care, cover coughs and sneezes, wear a facemask around others, and disinfect touched surfaces daily.
Citizens are urged to stay informed and refer to the Flagler County website for the most current information being released by the Health Department, CDC and all local jurisdictions.
All COVID-19 related questions should be directed to the hotline, 866-779-6121. All other COVID-19 government services questions or concerns may be directed to the specific municipality or the Emergency Operations Center at 386-313-4200.