The City Clerk's office maintains and acts as custodian to all official City records and public documents, prepares agendas with supporting documents for City Commission meetings, notices public meetings of the City, and provides information services to the general public and staff. In addition, the City Clerk’s office acts as Recording Secretary at City Commission meetings. The City Clerk also serves as the Supervisor of Elections for City elections, handling election issues such as qualifying, reporting, and special elections.
Our Code of Ethics
As the City Clerk, I do hereby subscribe to the following principles and ethics which I affirm will govern my personal conduct as a Municipal Clerk:
- To uphold constitutional government and the laws of my community
- To so conduct my public and private life as to be an example to my fellow citizens
- To impart to my profession those standards of quality and integrity that the conduct of the affairs of my office shall be above reproach and to merit public confidence in our community
- To be ever mindful of my neutrality and impartiality, rendering equal service to all and to extend the same treatment I wish to receive myself
- To record that which is true and preserve that which is entrusted to me as if it were my own
- To strive constantly to improve the administration of the affairs of my office consistent with applicable laws and through sound management practices to produce continued progress and so fulfill my responsibilities to my community and others.